Work together & independently to assist the Sales Team, Engineering Team, and customers in in a technical roll to support product sales, application engineering and estimating.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external contacts and customers.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the company’s manufacturing capabilities in order to relate design intent and technical recommendations to the customer.
- Assist the Sales Team in generating new business opportunities within the existing customer base and with new business development.
- Responsible for generating proposals and presenting them to the customer in conjunction with the sales staff.
- Assist sales staff and manufacturer’s representatives in standard and special applications.
- Review customer drawings and data.
- Work with the Engineering Department to interpret specifications and customer requirements.
- Create bills of materials and bills of manufacturing to generate estimates for quoting and sales proposals.
- Select and price the most effective panel, component and/or assembly solutions for the application based on customer specifications, industry standards, and corporate design and manufacturing parameters.
- Generate initial technical CAD drawings (2D or 3D) as required to support sales proposals.
- Work with the Engineering Team in specifying, selecting, and sourcing new parts, components, and suppliers as may be required for the most effective panel and/or assembly solutions.
- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate proposals and estimates from customer specifications, customer equipment, and industry standards with a minimum of supervision.
- Prepare the required documentation for the processing of Engineering Service Requests (ESR).
- Follow-up with customers or representatives on quotations.
- Work with the Manufacturing to properly move the job through the shop to meet customer satisfaction.
- Train reps and customers on products and applications.
- Work with Engineering and Purchasing departments, as well as directly with vendors to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors to acquire CAD drawings, models and documentation to support up-front engineering efforts.
- Utilize the Product Configurator software where available for selections. Assist the sales representatives in the operation of software and estimating programs.
- Maintain and update technical knowledge of company products and competitors' products.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to maintain a competitive stance in the market place.
- Work with the Order Department and give them clear instructions on orders received.
- Work with Customer Service Department on items such as backorders, warranty parts, RMA's, and spare parts lists.
- Clearly communicate and update manager on changes, areas where management. support may be needed, delays, scheduling conflicts, internal and/or external obstacles, etc.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of competitor products, pricing, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Willingness to travel approximately 5-10%
- Any other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
- 3-5 years sales application engineering experience in selecting, evaluating, pricing and designing electrical control and power distribution panels and assembly solutions.
- 3-5 years experience with 3D CAD software for mechanical and electrical applications - preferably AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- 3-5 years experience in working with ERP system software.
- 3-5 years experience in Project Management.
- Experience in training of sales reps and customers on product features and performance.
- 3-5 years experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com