Assistant Assembly Department Supervisor
Paneltronics is an industry leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high quality instrument panels, power distribution systems, electrical enclosures, box-build assemblies, and electrical components. Paneltronics' electrical panels, assemblies, and systems are specified on a wide variety of industrial equipment, specialty vehicles, trucks, boats and military applications worldwide.
Primary function is to assist the Assembly Department Supervisor with all the required tasks and responsibility. The long-term goal is to grow into the Assembly Department Supervisor position.
Reports to: Assembly Department Supervisor
- Assist in coordinating, managing, and implementing the production schedule
- Assist in planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet the production schedule
- Assist in calculate labor and human resource requirements
- Set-up and adjust machines and equipment within the department.
- Supervise, coach, and motivate department workers
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations and work procedures
- Review the performance and evaluation of department workers
- Manage standard operating procedures for production assembly operations
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Recommend or implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and/or efficiency.
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring, evaluations, and promotions.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Interpret specifications, schematics, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with AC and DC electrical assemblies, systems, and/or installations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Hands-on knowledge and/or experience with Marine Electrical Systems and ABYC Certification would be a plus
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Must have full oral and verbal fluency in Spanish and English
Desired Experience and/or Training:
- 3 years of experience working with electro-mechanical assembly’s
- Electrical knowledge to support wiring and cabling of electro-mechanical assembly’s
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment with knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
- Must be able to grow into the Assembly Supervisor position
Paneltronics offers competitive wages and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K plan. Paneltronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org